Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Campaign Buttons

My Kerry-Edwards campaign buttons have attracted a great deal of attention recently. Many people give the thumbs up or say "I like your button." More than a few tell me why they like Kerry, why they hate Bush and comment on their enthusiasm of a possible upset. I have worn many buttons over the years, but people have rarely commented on them. I see that as a positive sign that Kerry could do well in Arizona and am encouraged by the positive comments. People who are opposed just kind of glare at you.
My button collection includes Humphrey, McGovern, Bill Bradley and Howard Dean, plus a really giant red-and-white pin that says "KATHY" in large block letters that I somehow got as a child. You might wonder if future campaigns will ask me not to help them, given the collection of pins that I own.