Thursday, November 18, 2004

I Must Confess

I must confess that I was surprised to find out that John Kerry had millions of dollars left over from the campaign, and it might be used for another run in 2008. I would have figured they would spend all that they collected to try to win in a big push at the end (even though it may not have changed the outcome) rather than having excess funds. As we are among those that contributed for the final GOTV, I am puzzled that it was not spent, either on the Kerry campaign or on helping other Democratic candidates that may have needed some last minute cash. No wonder the eyebrows are being raised by fellow Democrats. Based on "an autopsy" of the election that I had the privilege of hearing today, it would have taken alot more than money to have won the White House this time around. Let's get smarter next time.