Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A Brief Hiatus

Yes, I did take a blogging hiatus as I focused my life on planning a "family lifecycle event." It was more fantastic than we could have imagined -- and my planning paid off as the events and personal interactions were successful. I achieved my goal of reading a Hebrew blessing over the Torah as my husband read from the Torah. Our daughter shined. We so appreciated the out-of-town family and friends in attendance, but regret we did not get more one-on-one conversations with them as the weekend passed by like a dream, as if it were happening to someone else.
But, we resurfaced with a quick NY trip as we tagged along with my husband on a work trip. It was highlighted by two emotional visits to the World Trade Center site; seeing "Putnam County Spelling Bee" and almost getting selected out of the audience to be part of the spelling bee; some great bread; getting lost and overwhelmed on the subway.... and, of course, the place we have talked about for years -- getting to "The Pickle Guys." Though Emeril was coming later in the day, we bought (and are savoring) our pickles, sourkraut, pickled celery and peppers. As I told the guy, we will be back. He responded, "thanks for the warning."