Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Airport Security

In my opinion, every day bad people try to do horrible terrorist things. I hope that today is not one of those days (though no day is good) when they are successful, after leaving my little angel to fly solo for the first time. She walked on board with the pilot and co-pilot, carrying her Starbuck's drink. She was happy and didn't even turn to wave goodbye.
Southwest personnel was helpful and pleasant; they xrayed all the bags. The security screen was efficient (they give out little plastic bags for small items and booties if you don't want to walk barefoot), but I hope the bad people chose the option of getting their shoes screened (why is it optional?). I know the machines worked as my daughter's belt set it off.
You just have to have blind faith that nothing terrible will be happening today (or really ever). Needless to say, it was an all Eagles trip home from the airport.