Saturday, January 15, 2005

Tsunami Aid

Tonight we flipped back and forth between the Tsunami Aid telethon and football. The images of destruction and people were gut-wrenching and heartbreaking. We saw a few of the musical acts as they cut away to the celebrities manning the phones, and some celebrities doing talkups for some footage related to the disaster and damage. It is hard to be told how to act by a wealthy celebrity, though we have donated money already. But the main impression I had was that the world was opening its hearts and pocketbooks to help do the right thing, even if the rebels in Sri Lanka say they are being denied aid. I also think that John Mayer should be put out of his misery as I found him totally annoying and kept screaming obscenities at the TV. Guess I was feeling better, thanks to the nursing care and chicken soup delivered by my husband.