Sunday, August 08, 2004

We hate George W. Bush!

That common dislike (distrust) of George Bush brought together lots of folks (100+)at the campaign training I attended today, put on by 21st Century Democrats, Latinos for America and Democracy for America. I was humbled by the energy and passion with which the presenters, lifelong political activists and campaign strategists, shared their experience and wisdom. They taught us how to set up and manage campaigns -- similar to the training done by both the Democratic and Republican parties for their novice candidates. It was exciting and fascinating and I did not want it to come to an end!
I will definitely increase my level of involvement going forward. Now I just have to decide which campaigns (national, local), what political activist groups or which issues I want to jump into. The meter is running -- 84 days remain until the election on November 2. We all have to register and vote -- voting early or by mail gets it done easily -- and you have your say in who will lead our county.