Sunday, September 25, 2005

Driving With A Company Name On Your Vehicle

My father told me to always drive safely and courteously when driving a company vehicle. I learned to drive on small pickup trucks and panel vans in various school parking lots and am always the designated driver in our house for rental vans or trucks. But my father said that other drivers associate bad driving with your business, if the logo is on the vehicle, as people will not patronize your business if they see you drive offensively. Well, yesterday, I got cut off by a SUV with the name of a business nearby ---Ixtapa Joe's -- a Mexican restaurant I never remember to go to when we want to eat out. But, after they aggressively cut me off in a 2-lane merge situation, I remembered what my dad said, and -- it is true, I won't go there now.