Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Nuts About Futters Nut Butters

In my ongoing search to come up with unusual, low carb treats, I searched on recipes to make flavored almond butter. BUT, to my delight, I found Futters Nut Butters, a small company that makes all kinds of flavored nut butters. There is almost every nut, then they add flavoring (unsweetened) of almond, orange, chocolate, cinnamon, etc. I am on my second order of goodies from them. The last batch included their special pistachio and hazelnut butters, and their dark chocolate bark with pistachios and dried cranberries.
We are fans in our house as they are delicious. My personal favorite is Cinna-pecan -- I eat it out of the jar with my finger (oops, not supposed to say that, I think.) and I love the chocolate orange almond butter. They also have seed butters but I have not tried those yet but be sure to go to www.futtersnutbutters.com.