Monday, February 05, 2007

My Take on Super Bowl XVI

As a fan of the Clydesdales, my favorite commerical was the fake Dalmation getting into the Budweiser parade. Perhaps he will be joining the real Dalmation and the donkey on the Clydesdale road tours.
But, my other takeaway from the Super Bowl yesterday was an odd one. It was an article in the newspaper warning people about protecting their identity at their party. The suggestions were to make sure you know all the guests that are coming and , as a precaution, secure your personal information in a locked room to prevent wandering guests from taking more than your beer and chips. I guess you wouldn't really think about this as a concern, but it does make sense.
Several years ago, the concern was that more men hit their wives on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year. Hitting your wife anyday does not make sense; for some reason it escalates on Superbowl Sunday.
As soon as the game was over, I forgot it, except for that it was really raining hard and that Peyton Manning now gets a ring. We didn't get to see him greet his dad after the game -- we were looking forward to that moment. I have never seen a Super Bowl ring in person, but they must be similar to the World Series rings that I covet.