Friday, February 02, 2007

National Wear Red Day -- My Day!!!

I needed no extra encouragement to wear red. My grandmother always said it was my color, so I am always picking red when given color choices. I am wearing my new red leggings that my daughter called "hideous", bright red sleep socks and who knows whatever else red I can find. On the serious side of heart disease, I am off to spin with my new RED and black shoes. I have one of those "Red Dress" pins from the American Heart Association too -- but not sure I will be able to find it before the day ends.....

My favorite e-newsletter (South Beach Diet) reminded me about this topic today:

National Wear Red Day
"Today, February 2, is National Wear Red Day, an observance aimed at raising heart disease awareness. Heart disease remains the number one killer of both American men and women. In fact, many women are surprised to learn that heart disease claims the lives of more women than breast cancer. More specifically, one in three American women will die of heart disease. But it doesn't have to be that way. "Today we have the knowledge and tools to prevent heart attacks and strokes," explains Dr. Agatston, preventive cardiologist and author of The South Beach Diet® and The South Beach Heart Program, his latest, most passionate book."