Monday, July 23, 2007

Democrat Debate With Video Questions

Tonight's CNN debate, with questions submitted by video via YouTube was interesting. The videos selected were seemingly representative of people not normally involved in the political process. I think it was a great way to get people to participate. I liked the collage of the questions about healthcare and some of the clever ones, particularly the snowman asking Kucinich a question.
I know that I will be volunteering on at least one of the campaigns as the November 2008 election nears. Each candidate has something that is unique, and several have the ability to manage the job. I mean, GWB has for the past 8 years. But I cannot say who my choice would be at this point out of the Democrats on that podium. I like Biden for his direct nature; Hilary has a great deal of experience with her and the First Husband; Obama is the voice of change for the disenfranchised; Edwards has a heart for those in need that cannot speak for themselves.
Time will tell for me. But it did make clear to me that I need to minimize other obligations so that I can jump right in to help when the time is right.