Friday, May 28, 2004

Character

I think that character is what differentiates people. People with strong character have a moral code and higher standards for themselves. The utmost character would be someone who had set high standards for themselves, but does not expect it of others as they would be constantly disappointed.

My husband is one of those folks that has set the bar high for himself and then continually raises it. He goes to unknown lengths to accomplish promises made to those in his small inner circle - like the effort expended to be sure that our daughter could get her ears pierced today as promised. Or whatever it took to get tickets to "The Eagles" or a particular DVD that we may want.

There are a few people in my life with exemplary character and concern for others beyond themselves. I feel so honored to know them and am thankful for them (especially my husband) every day! I also hope to be a better person for knowing them and perhaps someday it will rub off on me.