Tuesday, May 25, 2004

It's Over Now

The Eagles concert is over now, but my face still hurts from smiling the entire three hours, my throat is sore and my ears are ringing --- and I'd do it all again tonight if I could. It is so amazing to see the songs you love performed in person, noting who sings what, who plays what and watching the on-stage antics. Nothing fancy in the lights, dancing or stage set, but just "The Eagles" doing their songs. There were three encores as the crowd wasn't about to leave until they heard "Desperado" at the conclusion. Timothy B. Schmitt did his two famous ballads without the sore throat at last year's concert, and they were as wonderful as ever. "Lyin' Eyes" was also a highlight!
Staying overnight at the hotel next to the arena (yes, they stayed there too!) meant you could be there for each and every second of the entire show. My family humored me for the evening, from start to finish, and that will add to my memory of a special evening. What, in life, could be better than watching "The Eagles" with the two people you love most? Every time I sing along, at the top of my lungs in the car, I will smile again remembering that. Plus, whenever I wear my new shirt, I will be reliving that peaceful, easy feelin'.