Thursday, October 07, 2004

Eagles (both kinds)

It was an all Eagles ride to and from the Mayo Clinic today. The same two or three songs can get me through anything, from a mammogram to a spinning class. I still don't know if playing the same song on a CD four or five times in a row wears it out. What I also wonder is why doesn't anyone who can afford it or have the option go to the Mayo Clinic. They are the best. I know that 82,000 Arizonans have lost their health insurance since George Bush took office -- that is really horrible for those families impacted in that way.
Three environmental groups have filed lawsuits to keep the Southwest Bald Eagle on the endangered list. I am glad, as at the rate the desert is being built up, they are constantly losing their native habitats. Hopefully I will get to spot some little eaglets someday soon.