Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I Wasn't Invited

Since I wasn't invited to Tiger Woods' wedding, I guess I will have to rely on "In Touch" magazine to find out who was. Every week, when the magazine arrives, I put it aside to read later, but once my daughter spots it, we argue about who gets to read it first. Whenever we, or frankly, any guests, read it, we go page by page to make sure we don't miss a single word or picture. My husband flips through it making nasty remarks or repeating "who really cares about this?". If it were not for the Olsen twins, Britney Spears, J Lo, Jen and Brad, Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan and Bennifer, they would not have anything to write about. And we would not have our weekly trash mag to look forward to. My theory has been, reading is reading, and if reading magazines will get my daughter to read, the more the merrier. We have "Teen People", "Seventeen", "Justine", "Cosmo Girl" and a new subscription to "YM" that I got to surprise her. I preview them for inappropriate content, but she reads them all and saves them to reread later.