Friday, January 28, 2005

Sparkling Shiraz

A recent dinner in San Francisco resulted in discovery of a new wine (to us, that is.) We do not drink, due to medications, but an occasional glass of red wine with a meal is a rare and special treat. I ordered a glass of Australian Sparkling Shiraz, and it was amazing -- dry, sparkling and magical. We since have explored some wine shops to find it --- apparently it is an old style wine from Australia that is becoming popular again. I never understood why people would go to an Australian wine shop (or even why they might open one), but now I have one clue. Sadly, the one near our house has a landlord's eviction notice on the door for "non-payment of rent". I wish I had discovered this new wine earlier so we could have helped them stay in business.