Sunday, January 01, 2006

"Slow Down and be safe"

Those were the words from the policeman that gave me a warning as I was speeding down our nearby road, which I know is monitored closely on weekends. I had no real excuse for going fast, but, since I found my current insurance card, he issued a warning to "slow down and be safe."
That could be the message for my 2006 -- a warning I will take to heart, since it came early on Jan. 1, 2006 when I was headed out to pick up my daughter after yet another sleepover.
Our year ended with a comedy show and wonderful, casual bbq dinner at BBQ City in Mesa and the year ahead holds much to look forward to. This may include seeing Sinbad a week before pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training. Will it yield a Barry Bonds sighting like the Cedric show did?
Life is good when your end-of-the year excitement is going to different Walgreen's stores to find out where the pharmacy staff that we used to like at our closest store may have relocated. I know it sounds silly, but, as often as we visit Walgreen's, a friendly and accomodating pharmacy staff makes a big difference. We also went looking for the Notre Dame and Ohio State football teams, practicing before the Fiesta Bowl. We are not alums at either school, but that search continues today, while we drive slowly and stay safe, of course.