Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Working At A Real Job

In the seven weeks preceding the Jewish holidays, it is appropriate to reflect on one's life and think about things in the past year that you would want to change. For the second year, I have decided to use this time to examine and change my daily routines. Last year, I gave up teaching some classes at a great facility that did not market well; this year, I am taking a leave of absence from my volunteering to work on election campaigns and examine other options.
As my husband approaches his one-year anniversary in his dream job, I am blessed in not having to have a real job. I do teach exercise one day per week, will be volunteering at my daughter's new middle school,and will attempt to cook and do some chores around the house. I try to keep my schedule flexible to be available to take my daughter where she needs or chooses to go. This year I am going to get involved in some committees at the synagogue and in the school district, as well as stay on the HOA Board. I have to be careful not to take on too much as I have a tendency to do that...resulting in extreme procrastination behavior.
So, as I continue to examine my life in the coming weeks, I will be thankful for my health, delighted that my husband has an opportunity to do what he loves, and extremely hopeful for my daughter. After that, we'll see.