Thursday, February 10, 2005

British Royalty

I am fascinated by British royalty as I still want to be a princess, ala "Princess Diaries", "Cinderella", "Snow White", "Sleeping Beauty", etc., which tells me most girls have wanted to be princesses at some point in their life. The tale of Princess Diana was magical -- I was glued to the wedding ceremony and cried at her demise. I dragged my husband to the makeshift memorial in the circle at the end of the tunnel in Paris where she died. On the other hand, Prince Charles is a jerk, and gets to be a Prince because of his birthright. His lack of character makes him unworthy of such a lofty position. And, Parker Bowles, puke. He is finally marrying her, but he can never win in the court of public opinion. She is seen as a homewrecker, and worse yet, the person responsible for destroying a real-life fairy tale.