Sunday, February 06, 2005

Superbowl Commercials

The day after the Superbowl is the best show on the Ronn Owens show on KGO. He reviews all the commercials from the Superbowl the day before, revealing his favorites and taking calls from listeners. I will be listening on my computer tomorrow, but here are my favorites:
First prize for continued cuteness is to Budweiser -- the donkey joined the Clydsedales after a tryout during the previous year's Superbowl. This year a parade of zoo and farm animals lead to a barn, where, when opened, you see the donkey and Clydesdales, and the trainer says "See what you started." They also win for the "designated driver" commercial with Cedric the Entertainer trying to say he's the designated driver and, instead, starting a new dance move. I like the one where the people in the airport clap for the military folks as they walk through. I believe it may be a trendsetter.
My next favorite was the FedEx commercial with the list of ten things that must be in a Superbowl ad to be a winner. I will be looking forward to seeing what Ronn Owens has to say.