Sunday, August 27, 2006

Butterflies For Belleruth

A flock of butterflies fluttered over my car this morning as I headed to the second day of the session by Belleruth Naperstek on "Breakthroughs In Healing Trauma". I was introduced to her guided imagery work six years ago when I was going through cancer treatment. Her gentle, kind voice and words led me through chemo, radiation, stress, insomnia and assorted other challenges. I have given her materials to friends and family in need of healing assistance for grief, illness or trauma.
I signed up immediately when I first saw the announcement last January that she was coming to Phoenix. It was a thrill to imagine being in the same room with someone who greatly influenced my ability to cope with uncomfortable situations. I learned so much about the benefits and uses for imagery with people that have post-traumatic stress disorder, facing horrific memories and struggling to cope with their lives and fears. When Belleruth did some guided imagery for those fortunate to be in attendance, I had chills and tears as each session carried me back to all the places where I have used her imagery. I actually had to open my eyes to watch her as she led the sessions, hardly believing that I was hearing her do them in person. It was magical.
Belleruth is miraculous, carrying people with her to the other side of trauma, illness and fear -- a place where it is safe, loving and accepting.
Yes, I'm certain that those butterflies were for her, for her gentle guidance in helping people become free of constraining pain and memories. We go to sleep each night with the sleep cd from Health Journeys. Tonight I will listen to her melodic words with an image of that caring soul and I will smile, as I was in a peaceful place for the past two days.