Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Volunteering

The concept of volunteering is very appealing to me. The opportunity to give of your time and energy is a wonderful way to help make the world a better place. There are so many choices of places that volunteers are utilized and the biggest problem is deciding where to devote your energies. I have been doing one volunteer commitment weekly for two years. However, I am wondering if it is time to make a change; I know I make the patients' day easier, but I increasingly come home bored or sad for their situations.
I have tried a few other options in the past couple years, but either someone never calls you back, or they don't ever follow through. So, for now, based on inertia, I will probably continue with my current volunteer stint while I wonder what I should do next. Perhaps a lightning bolt will come my way.